Join Our Team
Vaidas Bicycles is an independently run bicycle shop in Honor Oak Park, South-East London. After actively serving the local community for over 10 years we have secured another premises in Blackheath, Greenwich. Due to this growth, we need a shop assistant to work ‘Front of House’ and continue to serve the local community at the Honor Oak shop.
Ideally, you’ll either be currently working in or looking to return to the bicycle industry in a sales capacity. We will consider all applications if the applicant can demonstrate a good level of bike maintenance skills, is polite, professional and presentable.
The role requires you to be positive and professional as you’ll be in the public eye and the face of our business. You will be self-motivated and able to work on you own initiative.
The right person, will at times, run the shop on a day-to-day basis in the absence of a manager. We are looking for somebody who can juggle several things at once, doesn’t get put off by a bit of occasional pressure, is self-motivated to carry out tasks without being asked to do so.
About the Role
- Spend each day serving customers to the highest standard
- Providing informed advice on bicycles, parts and accessories
- Booking in of bicycles for repair, using our Point of Sale software to its full capacity by keeping/maintaining and updating it
- Take notes of all the works done on bikes + update the database
- Keep the inventory of the ‘Front of House’ and workshop updated on the databases
- Flexible enough to be able to work at both stores
- Identify & sell bicycles and bicycle parts, making sure our customers need are met
- Ensure that the front of the shop is kept in tip-top shape – bikes and all accessories are sparkling clean and dust free
- Totally customer focused, bringing in new customers and looking after the ones we have!
- Provide input on how we can improve – when you can see a better or smarter way of doing something, we’d expect you to help us make it happen
- Provide feedback about bicycles and be a part of the mechanic and office team
- You are courteous, polite and professional
- You are customer service oriented and personable as you are the face of our business
- You have a natural affinity with bikes
- You can work independently but also as a part of the ‘The Vaidas Team’
- You work responsibly and are reliable
- You are proactive and help where needed
- You are someone who can work on initiative and act accordingly
- Ability to prioritize
- Good team player
- Self employed
- Hours and salary to be discussed, depending on experience
- Various perks and staff discounts depending on length of service at Vaidas Bicycles
- Fantastic work environment